Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wedding Anniversaries | Silver

The traditional and modern gift suggestion for the 25th wedding anniversary is silver... Well of course, it IS the silver anniversary and all!

Today is my parents 25th wedding anniversary. Twenty five years ago TODAY my mom walked down the aisle at the church they currently attend and my dad was there waiting for her. Just a few feet from where we sit every Sunday in church. I know as a bride I was more concerned with getting married somewhere that would look pretty (we didn't) but then I would think about how my parents are going to that same church. Two years ago we were even there for Sunday services on their anniversary. We had originally hoped to throw them a surprise party at that church this past weekend or the next. But you know how it is, we got busy and didn't really have a bunch of money to throw at a party.

My mother recently (finally) found out she has a lot of food allergies which makes it almost impossible to go out to eat. So instead of giving them a gift card to Olive Garden (she's G-free now) or Max and Erma's, we made them a meal for two and took my brothers to Cici's Pizza. I had planned on taking pictures, but it didn't end up being a pretty meal. I don't know how restaurants make salmon and rice look so pretty, and I don't care to learn! They absolutely loved it and watched a movie alone while we kept the boys occupied. Window shopping at Target is a blast when you do it with some of your favorite people.

Today I am thankful my parents met that fateful night at the Nightlight near the Meadows. And that they had a whirlwind romance... and show me a loving, happy marriage every day. (sometimes too much...)

Congratulations on 25 years Mom and Dad! Here's to many MANY more.

No comments:

Post a Comment