Monday, April 11, 2011

Making the best of wedding day woes

You'd never know it, but the lights went out at my friend Melissa's wedding. Luckily she had the most amazing DJ who hooked up his equipment to his car and the restaurant just cooked everything on a grill.

She had originally planned on having the ceremony outdoors but it had to be moved inside to a very gorgeous room. Some what luckily for me pictures were not allowed during the ceremony, if they had been I don't know where I would have taken them from with out blocking everyone's view. The room was so little and intimate, it made the ceremony so amazing especially once the lights went out and the windows provided our only light. Sometimes Mother Nature is so romantic.

So now for the advice part. Melissa had an AMAZING back up plan and if you are planning on getting married outside it is probably one of the most important things you can discuss with your venue. I personally made sure to purchase a camera that works well below freezing and has a water resistant body and lenses so I will be there rain, shine or snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment